Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Low-level crypto scheme using Odu Ifa bits.

Let me describe, briefly, how Odu Ifa can be adapted to protect the integrity of large volume of data (I.e low-level crypto scheme). I shall use two popular Odus, Ejiogbe and Oyeku Meji, to buttress my point.

Ejiogbe is a masculine Odu; it's spatial representation is:

I   I
I   I
I   I
I   I

and it's binary code is: 11111111. 

An Ilari (a learned spy) can store valuable information in Ejiogbe and protect its integrity using the binary code of Ejiogbe's perfect complement. In other words, a receiver must know Ejiogbe's perfect complement and its binary code to decrypt the message stored in Ejiogbe.

Let's assume I was the receiver. As a learned receiver, I know that Ejiogbe's perfect complement is Oyeku-Meji. Oyeku-Meji is a feminine Odu; its spatial representation is this:

I I  I I
I I  I I 
I I  I I 
I I  I I

and it's binary code is: 00000000. With Oyeku-Meji's binary code, I would be able to decrypt the message enclosed inside Ejiogbe. Needless to say, this is an elementary crypto-scheme. It can be fine-tuned into a more sophisticated crypto-scheme.

Once again, Ifa has evolved, but we must study its evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment