Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Roman Numerals and letter to digit denotation

Classical chronologists originally used letters to denote digits. For example, the Greco-Romans believed that "10" was a sacred number; consequently, they denoted the first letter of the prevalent anagram of their anointed, XPICTOC (Anglicized Christ), with the number 10. That is, X=10.

However, when Iesus (Anglicized Jesus) was elevated to the Christ status, the chronologists denoted the first letter of his name (I.e. I) with number 1; that is I=1, and they started their calendar from year 1 since Iesus. For example, year 100 since Iesus = I.100 = 1100 AD. Similarly, year 200 since Iesus = I.200 = 1200 AD etc.

According to the new chronologists, Fomenko et al, the mystery of "letter to digit" denotation was plausibly lost in the Middle Ages; consequently, the Jesuit-chronologists of the Middle Ages dropped the letter I, erroneously shifting the Western chronology or timeline back 1000 years. For example, year 100 since Iesus or I.100 (I.e. 1100AD) was erroneously recorded as year 100 AD after the first letter "I" had been dropped. Subsequent events and years were erroneously recorded based on the same reason and rationale as in year 100 example above.

The question now is: can the mainstream or Scaligerian chronology be trusted? Question everything!!!

1 comment: